Once again my friends know the way to my heart, giving me seasonal produce so that I can spend a peaceful Sunday cooking. This time I was given a beautiful sugar pumpkin and a box of fuyu persimmons. After baking the pumpkin until mushy I let it cool over night. Next morning I decided I was too lazy to make a vegan pie crust so I went to my local whole foods and bought a pre-made one there. Thank goodness!
This recipe was a lot of experimenting because vegan baking is pretty new to me. But it turned out creamy and delicious.
- 1/2 sugar pumpkin (approx 4 cups)
- 4 persimmons
- 1 pre-made vegan pie crust
- 3 tbls of ground flax seed
- 4 tbls of brown sugar (or molasses)
- 1 tsp of all spice
- 1 tbls of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of cardamon
- 1 tbls of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- bake pumpkin until soft at 350 for 1 hour
- let cool and peel
- while peeling cook persimmons on stove top until soft with 1 cup of water (save that water when done)
- add everything together and blend
- get your dough ready, pre-heat over to 400 and bake until knife comes out clean (for about 40 mins)
- Let cool and enjoy! Top with vanilla coconut milk ice cream or coconut cream.