From stem to seeds, my pumpkin gift turned out delicious.
Just a few tips to make your seeds. First, clean your seeds really well. If you still have pumpkin guts in them they will be soggy. Second, heat your oven to 400 F. It needs to be hot. Third, wash them really well. Some people even boil them I don’t find that step necessary but some people say that they end up crunchier.
- well washed and picked through pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs of salt
- 1 tbls of berbere (Ethiopian spice mix)
- If you cannot find this paprika works well too
- 1 glug of EVOO
- 1 mason jar
- Clean pumpkin seeds well, and place in a 400 F oven on a dry cookie sheet. Don’t overlap your seeds for best results.
2. Cook for approx 20-30 mins until brown.
3. Once crispy, place in a mason jar with your spices and shake well.
4. Your pumpkin seeds are great on a salad, soup or just as a snack